Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

I finally have taken advice from family, friends, peers, etc. to start selling my handmade children's clothes and other crafts. Beginning will surely take time, but I enjoy creating so it should be a fun experiance.

I currently have items in the Atlantic Beacon Gallery on Tybee Island, Georgia. This is a wonderful shop with over 100 artists featured! The owner, Debbie, is quite an artist herself! Her store has everything from fine paintings to jewelry, small trinkets to stained glass, and now--smocked and heirloom children's clothing! Eventually I plan to have other things in there as well such as wedding accessories (garters, ring bearer pillows), keychains, tote bags...Her store has everything 'American Made the Island Way', and there is something for every price range if someone is looking for a souveneir or gift. It's quite a unique little shop!

I listed my first 2 items on my etsy store last night: a lacey, smocked heirloom dress and a toile pillowcase dress that ties over one shoulder. Two very fun items, one fancy enough for Sunday, one fun enough to play in! Etsy is quite an awesome online shopping place, I just need to find ways now to showcase my items more!

Well--off to spending Easter with my hubby and sewing some more!

MROC

No comments:

Post a Comment